Campus Safety Magazine Publications
- Adcox W, Botz G, Denham III CR, Denham II CR. How Bystanders Can Save Lives In Medical Emergencies. Campus Safety November/December 2018. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/How-Bystanders-Can-Save-Lives.pdf
- Dr. Charles Denham II, Dr. Gregory Botz, Charles Denham III and William Adcox Effectively Responding to Active Shooters In Healthcare Facilities. Campus Safety January/February 2019. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Effectively-Responding-to-Active-Shooters-in-Healthcare.pdf
- Dr. Gregory Botz, Dr. Charles R. Denham II, Charles R. Denham III, and William Adcox. Battling Failure to Rescue with Rapid Response Teams. Campus Safety June 2019. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Battling-Failure-to-Resuce-with-Rapid-Response-Teams.pdf
- Dr. Charles Denham II, William Adcox, Charles Denham III, and Dr. Gregory Botz. Inadequate Placement of AEDs and Bleeding Control Gear Could Cost You. Campus Safety November 2019. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Inadequate-Placement-of-AEDs-and-Bleeding-Control-Gear-Could-Cost-You.pdf
- Dr. Charles Denham II, Dr. Gregory Botz, Charles Denham III & Chief William Adcox COVID-19 Safety Plans: How Protecting Your Family Can Help Save America. Campus Safety January/February 2021. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Family-Safety-Jan-Feb-Campus-Safety-Magazine-Digital-Edition.pdf
- Dr. Charles Denham II, William Adcox, Charles Denham III, and Dr. Gregory Botz ‘Take the Shot, Save a Life’ Program Addresses Vaccine Hesitancy in Students Campus Safety, September 3, 2021. Available at https://www.charlesdenham.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Take-the-Shot-Article-Campus-Safety-Magazine-Unabridged-09-03-21.pdf
All 6 articles may be downloaded as one PDF document.
Selected Media Publications
- Denham Charles. “Med Tac Programs: High Impact Life Saving Training.” UT Police at Houston website. University of Texas. 2018 Feb 22. Available at: http://www.utph.org/index/docs/Med-Tac-Summary-2018.pdf?language_id=1
- Denham, Charles et al. Healthcare Threat Safety Science: The Future, TMIT Press 07-05-17
- Denham, Charles et al. “Healthcare Cybercrime and Harm Classification.” UT Police at Houston website. University of Texas. 2017 Mar. Available at http://www.utph.org/index/docs/Healthcare-Cybercrime-Harm-Classification.pdf?language_id=1
- Denham Charles et al. Deliver what your audience needs. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Apr 9. Available at http://stream.wsj.com/story/experts-journal-reports/SS-2-135503/SS-2-207510/.
- Denham C. Stop admiring the problem and do something. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Apr 10. Available at http://stream.wsj.com/story/experts-journal-reports/SS-2-135503/SS-2-208255/.
- Denham C. Think of the ‘Man in the Arena.’ The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Apr 12. Available at http://stream.wsj.com/story/experts-journal-reports/SS-2-135503/SS-2-210175/.
- Denham C. Manage the risks and optimize the benefits. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Jul 19. Available at http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/07/19/charles-denham-manage-the-risks-and-optimize-the-benefits/.
- Denham C. Let’s not write off the ACA because of a botched opening. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Nov 18. Available at http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/11/18/lets-not-write-off-the-aca-because-of-a-botched-opening/.
- Denham C. Let’s attack the overuse, underuse and misuse of health care. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Nov 19. Available at http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/11/19/lets-attack-the-overuse-underuse-and-misuse-of-health-care/.
- Denham C. Mind-body-spirit care is not alternative. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Nov 20. Available at http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/11/20/mind-body-spirit-care-is-not-alternative/.
- Denham C. Two key questions about taking vitamins. The Experts: Journal Reports. The Wall Street Journal 2013 Nov 21. Available at http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/11/21/two-key-questions-about-taking-vitamins/.
Selected Clinical Publications
- Denham CR. Learn global, act local, and be vocal. J Patient Saf. 2011 Mar; 7(1):1-4. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Denham_LearnGlobalAct_LocalAndBeVocal_JPSv71Mar2011pp1_4_LTR.pdf
- Denham CR, Classen DC, Swenson SJ, Henderson MJ, Zeltner T, Bates DW. Safe Use of Electronic Health Records and Health Information Technology Systems: Trust But Verify. J Patient Saf. 2013 Dec; 9(4):177-89. View in: PubMed. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Safe-EHR-CPOE-Trust-but-Verify-_v40_02-18-13_1000pt-simple-save-asLTR.pdf
- Denham CR, Sullenberger CB, Quaid DW, Nance JJ. An NTSB for Health Care: Learning From Innovation: Debate and Innovate or Capitulate. J Patient Saf. 2012 Mar; 8(1):3-14. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NTSB-for-health-care_learning-from-innovation_debate-and-innovate-or-capitulate_Denham_JPtSaf_0312.pdf
- Quaid D, Thao J, Denham CR. Story Power: The Secret Weapon. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):5-14. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Story-power_the-secret-weapon_Quaid-Denham_JPtSaf_0310-LTR.pdf .
- Zimlichman E, Henderson D, Tamir O, Franz C, Song P, Yamin CK, Keohane C, Denham CR, Bates DW. Health Care-Associated Infections: A Meta-analysis of Costs and Financial Impact on the US Health Care System. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Dec 9; 173(22):2039-46. Available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23999949
- Denham CR. The No Outcome-No Income Tsunami Is Here: Are You A Surfer, Swimmer, or Sinker? J Patient Saf. 2009 Mar; 5(1):42-52. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Denham_The-No-Outcome-No-Income-Tsunami-Is-here-Are-You-a-Surfer-Swimmer-or-Sinker_JPS2009Mar5142-52LTR.pdf
- Hess EP, Haas LR, Shah ND, Stroebel RJ, Denham CR, Swensen SJ. Trends in computed tomography utilization rates: a longitudinal practice-based study. J Patient Saf. 2014 Mar; 10(1):52-8. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Hess_Trends-in-CT-Utilization-Rates-Longitudinal-Study_JPS82012_PrePub-v6.pdf
- Denham CR, Classen DC, Swenson SJ, Henderson MJ, Zeltner T, Bates DW. Safe use of electronic health records and health information technology systems: trust but verify. J Patient Saf. 2013 Dec; 9(4):177-89. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Safe-EHR-CPOE-Trust-but-Verify-_v40_02-18-13_1000pt-simple-save-asLTR.pdf
- Frush D, Denham CR, Goske MJ, Brink JA, Morin RL, Mills TT, Butler PF, McCollough C, Miller DL. Radiation protection and dose monitoring in medical imaging: a journey from awareness, through accountability, ability and action…but where will we arrive? J Patient Saf. 2013 Dec; 9(4):232-8. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/FrushRadiation-protection-and-dose-monitoring-in-medical-imagingJPS8.pdf
- Denham CR, Guilloteau FR. The cost of harm and savings through safety: using simulated patients for leadership decision support. J Patient Saf. 2012 Sep; 8(3):89-96. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/The_Cost_of_Harm_and_Savings_Through_Safety__.1.pdf
- Denham CR. The partnership with patients: a call to action for leaders. J Patient Saf. 2011 Sep; 7(3):113-21. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/The_Partnership_With_Patients__A_Call_to_Action.1.pdf
- Denham CR. Greenlight issues for the CFO: investing in patient safety. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):52-6. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Greenlight-issues-for-the-CFO_investing-in-patient-safety_Denham_JPtSaf_0310-LTR.pdf
- Dickey NW, Corrigan JM, Denham CR. Ten-year retrospective review. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):1-4. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Ten-year-retrospective-review_Dickey-Denham_JPtSaf_0310-LTR.pdf
- Burgess LH, Cohen MR, Denham CR. A New Leadership Role for Pharmacists:
A Prescription for Change. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):31-7. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/New-leadership-role-for-pharmacists_a-prescription-for-change_Burgess-Denham_JPtSaf_0310-LTR.pdf
- Classen D, Bates DW, Denham CR. Meaningful use of computerized prescriber order entry. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):15-23. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Meaningful-use-of-computerized-prescriber-order-entry_Classen-Denham_JPtSaf_0310-LTR.pdf
- Angood P, Dingman J, Foley ME, Ford D, Martins B, O’Regan P, Salamendra A, Sheridan S, Denham CR. Patient and family involvement in contemporary health care. J Patient Saf. 2010 Mar; 6(1):38-42. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22130301
- Denham CR, Angood P, Berwick D, Binder L, Clancy CM, Corrigan JM, Hunt D. Chasing zero: can reality meet the rhetoric? J Patient Saf. 2009 Dec; 5(4):216-22. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Chasing-Zero_Can-Reality-Meet-the-Rhetoric_Denham-et-al_JOPS_12-09-LTR.pdf
- Denham CR, Angood P, Berwick D, Binder L, Clancy CM, Corrigan JM, Hunt D. The chasing zero department: making idealized design a reality. J Patient Saf. 2009 Dec; 5(4):210-5. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Chasing-Zero-Department_Making-Idealized-Design-a-Reality_Denham-et-al_JOPS_12-09-LTR.pdf
- Denham CR. Are you infected? J Patient Saf. 2009 Sep; 5(3):188-96. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Denham_Are_You_Infected_JPSSept2009-53188-196-LTR.pdf
- Denham CR. Is your hospital as safe as your bank?…Time to ask your board. J Patient Saf. 2009 Jun; 5(2):122-6. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Denham_Is-Your-Hospital-as-Safe-as-Your-Bank-Time-to-Ask-Your-Board_J-Pat-Safe-09.pdf
- Johnson CD, Krecke KN, Miranda R, Roberts CC, Denham C. Quality initiatives: developing a radiology quality and safety program: a primer. Radiographics. 2009 Jul-Aug; 29(4):951-9. Available at https://charlesdenham.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DevelopingARadiologyQualityAndSafetyProgram.pdf
- Frankel AS, Leonard MW, Denham CR. Fair and just culture, team behavior, and leadership engagement: The tools to achieve high reliability. Health Serv Res. 2006 Aug; 41(4 Pt 2):1690-709. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16898986